Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Ahimsa


Means non-injury. Raw. Vegan. Organic. Kosher. A wonderful restaurant in New Haven, and where our staff lunch will come from tomorrow. Black bean and rice, and roasted vegetable wraps, and salad. Yum. Big ol' WGSS party yesterday celebrating everybody. New acting chair next year, TL leaving, ED leaving, MP leaving. The transience of academia.

One more choir rehearsal till the concert. Was singing one song on Monday night and started to cry. The music and the singing resonates in the body I think, and releases tension, which allows tears to surface. And Angela is just so fine and funny and talented. http://www.discomuseum.com/AngelaClemmons.html But the women in the choir aren't that friendly. Lots are there with friends, and when I sat in the front row last time, the woman next to me didn't even make eye contact! Need to get out of the northeast . . .

Still trying to get my flights and car for Pisa, Italy. Have calls into four travel agents. Hopefully I can nail something down tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can a raw restaurant serve roasted veggies ? ;-)

veggie wraps sound gooooood.

I'm sorry the choir women aren't friendlier. I think people are insecure, and it holds them back. At least, that's what happens to me. Sometimes I think I must come across very unfriendly because I don't initiate conversations with people I don't know very often ...