Sunday, September 10, 2006

Indian Creek, Pop. 250

Actually, the population is about double that now, since it's a small but growing managed suburb in Northwest Illinois. Tear down all the farmland and put up "Corporate Woods," an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Party for Curtis and Bonnie tomorrow at the fancy mansion museum, 50 percent chance of rain, and cool. 85 people will be showing up. The AndFam is here and they are always a delight, and the kids had fun opening all the individually wrapped freebies I got at the graduate student business fair at Yale a couple of weeks ago. Esp. the rubber brains and the blow up punching ball. My sister Carolyn is always wonderful to me and I always feel very taken care of by her, which is a blessing. Emony and Ilia and I took a walk around the man-made pond and saw two ducks and a large heron, which the girls were very impressed by. We played a game where I asked them to name two things that they could see that began with a letter from the alphabet. Ilia got a little upset when she spilled some juice all over the floor and felt embarrassed by it, but I told her it was ok and no one was mad at her. She takes things very much to heart. My other sister Judy and her daughter Erin showed up for dinner, then went back to their hotel. I went with the AndFam back to their hotel and five of the kids and Kim and I swam in the hotel pool for a while. The kids are so much better at swimming than last time, a pleasure to see. The chlorine was pretty intense, and made me feel slightly ill, so even tho they want to go swimming again tomorrow, I think I'll pass. My brother Dale brought me back to Carolyn's and we got lost, going many miles out of our way before we figured out what to do. Oh well. Began creating a photo album, and gave away a bunch of photos to the kids which they liked.

Rob and Robert helped me move more furniture and stuff out of Norton Street yesterday. Am glad to have my mother's desk in Guilford now, and it's always a joy to hang out with those two.

Starting reading Eoin Colfer's The Wish List. Strange, very strange.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've had fun, especially with the AndFam ;-) we are always so happy to see you, and the children love how you play with them and are interested in their stories about Bionicles and things. :-)

I hope you're feeling better after the chlorination! Sorry about the getting lost, I knew about the two half-day roads but forgot to tell you with Buzz wailing and all. :-(

Anonymous said...

I always get lost without Kim to help me navigate. I don't know what my problem is.