Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's Now April 12


This is Adam and Bindi outside the Madison bookstore last Friday. Adam's girlfriend Mihaela took this fine photo. She had this tiny little digital camera. Hope the one I ordered takes pictures as good as this one. I like how Mihaela got not only Adam and Bindi's faces, but also the sidewalk, and the bookstore in the background. Bindi is wrapped in a baby blanket that Rachel had in the back of her car. How cute is that?


Don't ask me what I've done since the last post. One of the great things about blogging, like any kind of journaling, is that it remembers the mundane details, as the dramatic ones are easier to keep in mind. But life is a string of mundane events, not in a bad way, but that's just the way living is. One thing after the other, some great, some good, some neutral, some bad, some horrifying.


This thing with Don Imus is sickening. But at least it's more interesting than waiting to find out who the father of Anna Nicole's baby is. Uck. And now I have to boycott Starbuck's coffee because of their latest anti-union activities. If any business needs a union for it's employees, it's one as big as Starbuck's. And Wal-mart.


Great thing happened today!! Got two letters from my niece I. and one from Em. That made me SO happy! Will see them next week. Can't wait. Also got emails from two friends I haven't heard from in a long time, one in Orlando, FL, and one in London, well, actually she's in Sweden now for a while. She has a new book coming out in July. I miss her.


The play last Sunday with Cherry Jones was very very good. It was an hour and a half long with no intermission, which is perfect for me. I splurged today as one of my clients told me that Jerry Seinfeld is performing in Wallingford in May, and that's only about 45 minutes from me, so I got a ticket online. Didn't bother to try to find someone to go with me, as nobody likes Seinfeld as much as I do, and none of my friends can afford that ticket price. $85. I know, I know, it's a lot, but I never do this, and seeing him in New York would cost twice that much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, that's so so sweet of you to say! I think it's such a nice pic cos they both look cute! Adam does loooooove her, and is missing his own (three) dogs and cat! Lovely, lovely blog, I promise to leave more comments in the future!

Oh, and that Starbucks thing! Ugh! And that Imus guy (whom I'd never heard of before in my life...the benefits of not living here permanently...I guess). Sickening. Revolting.

Otherwise, lots of kisses!!! Oh, and I PROMISE I'll get the other pics on my memory stick and bring them over! We'll have a big laugh over most of them, I'll bet! In the meantime, pls start holding your fingers crossed for Adam, who's got a flight back to England on Sunday around 6pm, and he's dreading it:(((!

Anonymous said...

that is a very nice picture.

how fun that you get to see Seinfeld! I hope he's as fun in real life!