Sunday, March 01, 2009

LaLaLa

Went to hear some folk music last night with a friend. I knew a couple of the performers, but not most: Keith Murphy and Becky Tracy of Nightingale, Shoregrass,
Cece Borjeson & Ruth George, The S.S. Chanteens, Robert Messore & Brian Slattery. It was such a nice community event, and I ran into a couple of people I hadn't seen in ages.

Guitar teacher coming in a little while. I'm still not practicing, but dear soul that he is, he doesn't get mad at me, and is still patient. I guess for right now, our lessons are my practicing, and that will have to suffice. Had a good online chat with Max about how practicing alone can make one self aware of emotions one would rather not be in touch with. We will have to explore that concept in more depth, but I felt some ring of truth to it for me.

I got myself to go to the gym last week after having felt awful for many days prior. Hopefully this week I'll be able to get there more often. They offer chair yoga and have a dedicated women's work out room. Plus a whirlpool hot tub. It's a really nice place to just hang out in, even if you aren't working out. Helps that it's expensive, cause I feel like every day I don't go I'm wasting money. Messed up motivation, I know, but it works for a lot of people.

Pretty snowfall this morning, big fluffy flakes. No accumulation, but the cardinals stand out so beautifully against the white snow at the feeder.

Finally got the ornaments on my solstice tree put away, while the housecleaner was working at other things. Again, couldn't get myself to do that task alone, but with someone else in the house working, it was very easy. Would appreciate any input on this difficulty, if any of you deal with it in your own lives.

Watched Jack Lemmon as a priest in "Mass Appeal," 1984. Kind of amazing. In the first half hour the issues of homosexuality, abortion, and women in the priesthood were brought up. Lemmon's character takes on a rebellious student studying for the priesthood, and examines the ups and downs of their relationship.

No comments: