Monday, August 25, 2008

Major Downer

Thought today was gonna be my last day of radiation treatment. I brought flowers for every one, one of the volunteers gave me a "hug" shawl which they give to people on their last day of treatment. Then I go into the treatment room and say to Tom, "It's my last day!" He says, "No, it's not." "Yeah," I said, "that's what the doctor said last week." He said, "Seriously, she wants to do more." I burst into tears, and when I talked with the doctor later, she said indeed, she wanted five more treatments on just my tongue. Since the clear margins from the surgery tumors were so narrow, she would feel better giving me this boost, but was willing to let me heal some this week, and start those five next Tuesday. I am extremely disappointed, not to mention in pain, so I got some Tylenol with codeine liquid from her, went to see my therapist, went back to pick up my cane at the natural foods store where I had left it earlier, then filled the script, and am now home. My voice mail had a message from Geico about the car accident so I had to call them and deal with that. I'm not a happy camper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, it still sounds like the end is in sight, and that's a good thing! you're strong, you've made it this far!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! That would be so disappointing. :( I'm glad you're still near the end, but sorry for the delayed hope in being *done* ... :(

Unknown said...

Oh, it all seems to come down at once sometimes, doesn't it? Thinking of you.