Saturday, February 24, 2007

In Memoriam


Went through a large box of old papers today. Put me in a foul mood. Found some old letters from "friends" I no longer speak to. Some old art work of mine. Articles written by others. Poems and cartoons from the New Yorker. Took forever, but I was glad to get it done. Now, only 100 more such boxes to go through, or so it seems. But if I have to move out of here in August or shortly thereafter, I don't want to schlep all the stuff I moved 2 1/2 years ago. It helped to have a fire burning the whole time in the fireplace, and that other people were around. Visited R and R, yesterday. Rob had pulled a muscle in his back and was in great pain; Dillwyn was better, but not completely. Poor girl, she's getting old and frail. Felt so bad for the both of them. Watched "Intolerable Cruelty" on dvd last night. George Clooney was so funny. I think he's becoming the baby boomers' Cary Grant. Billy Bob Thornton was in it, too, in a hysterical part. Had annoying WGSS council meeting yesterday, then had a meltdown after D. came in and told me how he felt about things. Dill's memorial page is up: http://www.guilfordvet.com/Dill.htm
Think I heard this quote yesterday on NPR: Happiness is the anticipation of pleasure. Or something like that.

No comments: