Friday, November 12, 2010

Anastasia State Park

Yesterday being veteran's day, all the Florida state parks were open for free. I drove over the Bridge of Lions to Anastasia State Park, right in the city, as I had never been there. There was a good snack bar at the beach where I ate a yummy spicy black bean veggie burger with provolone cheese and lettuce, tomatoe, and mustard. Nicely done. I walked across the dunes, very white sand, and saw this:




















I had no blanket or chair, but I just lay down on the sand in my clothes and basked in the warm sun and breeze. The water temperature was 69 degrees, much to cold for me but some brave soul was out there swimming laps for quite a while:























A sweet little girl was hunting for shells with her mom:



























And when I left I saw this "landscape" on the dunes:




















Tuesday was the last day of my six week watercolor painting class. We are hoping to meet on our own once in a while, and the instructor has said she will do the class again in the spring. That day we were painting right next to this exquisite pond with koi swimming about.
























I saw the chiropractor again yesterday, and she had my xray results. My neck is badly misaligned, and I have degenerating discs in my neck. Those of you who know chiropractic know that this squishes nerves and can cause all sorts of dis-ease in the body. I didn't have any specific neck pain, but I do get headaches quite often, and these squished nerves could be exacerbating my mood issues. I look forward to working with Dr. Sage to see if she can help me feel better.




I also met with a new psychiatrist who I think will work out. She was definitely warmer than the shrink I had been seeing for years in CT, and had some interesting takes of my medications and diagnoses. She totally gets PTSD. AND she is covered by my insurance policy!



New carpenter working on the art studio. I lost my great guy to more lucrative jobs, after I pushed him a bit on getting a deadline to finish the building. He recommended this new person, but he's not nearly as good as the one I lost. Oh well, it will get done and that's what I want.





Off to home depot to buy a new mailbox post and some plant pots.
Love to everyone who reads this.

No comments: