Friday, March 21, 2008

Vernal Equinox



























Some of the kids in S's third grade play about the Oregon Trail.


And full moon tonight. The sky is very clear, it is way windy, so I think moon viewing will be excellent.



Went to the dentist today. We all had a good laugh when I started humming the wicked witch's tune from The Wizard of Oz when he was shooting me up with novocaine. My tolerance for those needles is decreasing incrementally to the increase in my age, like my tolerance for cold. Anyway, after making it very clear to me that I created the notches in a few teeth by brushing too hard, he prepared to fix them. The novocaine stayed with me for hours, which was an additional pain.



I chipped one of my very favorite bowls! I chip all my nice bowls, dammit. This bowl I got at Open Studies, an event where probably a hundred artists occupied rooms in a no longer used school, and the bowl is a pale turquoise speckled with brown spots that make it look like a robin's egg, and of similar shape. Small chip, but chip nonetheless. I have to accept that I'm a klutz, all my clothes have stains and all my bowls are chipped. Hmmm, good title for my memoir: All My Clothes Have Stains and All My Bowls Are Chipped, by yours truly.



Watched "The Namesake," on video last night with R. We both liked it. And watched "Ocean's Thirteen," this afternoon. That series is so funny, and has so many great actors in it: George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Bernie Mac, Don Cheadle, Carl Reiner (yep, he's till alive), Elliot Gould, Ellen Barkin, Al Pacino, Andy Garcia, and on and on. The plots are totally unbelievable, but who cares with all those pretty faces to look at?



It's tag sale season again, always a fun adventure for me. It's a great way to get to know the neighborhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you're in good company with chipped bowls and stained clothes! :) But I'm sorry to hear you chipped it.

The pic in your post reminds me that I have pix of the musical the kids were in that I really should get posted ...