Monday, December 07, 2009

Ok, I'm Up

What more do you want from me?


Slept twelve hours, and that after a three hour nap. Yesterday, I went to an art exhibit on the theme of preserving the Orchard Street Shul in New Haven. http://orchardstreetshul-artistsproject.org/index.html

My friend Robert Rattner had on display several magnificent photographs of the inside of the shul. Two other acquaintances of mine also had work shown.


Before that I met a friend from NYC for coffee at Koffee. So nice to see him. I was going to go to a crafts fair at the Jewish Community Center after all this socializing but realized I was pooped, so came home, and had to call in sick to a very short performance the gospel group was gonna do along with some other groups out in Madison. Just couldn't do the 40 minute drive.


Saturday morning I went to a couple of crafts fairs, but was disappointed, so I went to see the one day old baby of a client of mine. He was totally cute, and mom was a bit overwhelmed as this is her first child and she is 40. It felt very grounding to hold such a young sweet life, and made me remember my father who was so good at soothing infants. The baby's dad was so funny: the baby's bassinett was next to where he was sleeping on the sofa. He woke up, saw the bassinett empty, and slightly panicked said, "Where's the kid?!" Mom said, "Right here." Dad rolled over and went back to sleep.


Saturday night I went to a friend's trim-the-tree party, which she holds every year. She makes soup, we bring other stuff, have dinner, then decorate her tree. It was a small group, since people in the Northeast get freaked out over 1/4 inch of snow and a bunch of folks didn't show, but I went out there and had a great time. I realize I can't drink wine anymore, or not enough to make it worthwhile, if you know what I mean. Makes me too tired, and gives me leg and foot cramps. Here's a photo of an ornament I made to contribute to her collection; the fabric is from the material used to make her wedding gown for her marriage in October. I went to a fitting with her and asked the dressmaker for a bit of leftover, not knowing what I would do with it. But early in the week when I was thinking about the party, I began to make, by hand, this item. It's stuffed with cotton and lavender, and embellished with some vintage beads that were given to me a long time ago.


















At one of the crafts fairs I attended recently, my best find was walking the dog outside the building, and finding this vintage postcard just lying on the ground.
A happy birthday greet to me, I guess. It felt kind of magical and special to find it.























Friday afternoon I went to visit my friend G, whom I hadn't seen in ages. We had proper tea at 4 at her place, and her niece was visiting. I quite liked her a lot. She was on her way home to Bangalor, India, where she is from, taking a break from her PhD program for a while.


On Thursday morning, I took T. swimming at my fitness club, and he liked the place very much. We then went out to lunch at Bread and Chocolate, a nearby cafe with a comfortable atmosphere. I went home to prepare M's birthday dinner: Moroccan style chicken with cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, spinach salad with apples and roasted pine nuts, cucumber in yogurt with garlic, and homemade brownies with vanilla ice cream. I schlepped it all over to her house with the Bindster and we had a great time.



Wednesday I saw the naturopath and my therapist, and then had a client in the afternoon. Tuesday was the colonoscopy, and Monday was the prep for the colonoscopy. And did I tell you recent blood work shows I have Lyme disease again? But I thought I didn't have any symptoms.


WAIT A MINUTE! NO WONDER I'M SO TIRED!!


Now today I have to take Camilla back to the vet cause her diarrhea still isn't gone, even with all the drugs. And it's cold out. And it's icy. And I don't like it.


I look forward to coming back home and going back to bed . . .

2 comments:

Kim said...

no wonder you're so tired!!!

you made a gorgeous ornament, what a thoughtful gift.

now go take a nap :-) - if not for you, for me!

Anonymous said...

eeSometimes just being tired is what makes us tired. I think it is wise for us to list what we do each day, no matter how trivial we might think the tasks or actions. Watching 5 episodes of Star Trek Next Generation while crocheting hats for charity and keeping an ear and an eye on the big pan of corn bread that is going to a party tomorrow. Planning an outstanding appetizer and fetching the ingredients, putting money in the Sal Army pot, then to Walgreens for necessary drugs. Corn bread is made. Little wonton cups need to be made and filled with beans and corn and spices and salsa. Gifts that have 4 parts have to be wrapped, gift cards to be signed. A music theory final test to review and study. Oh and a nap and an hour of major and minor scale practice. No xmas decorations this year. YIppeee. I do enjoy the ones on houses around us. I did put up a big wreath on the front door. And found just right xmas gifts for L and AnFam. What a beautifully perfect star ornament as a host/ess gift that L made. I crocheted a splendid bluish greenish tannish shawl for a friend who's mom is now in hospice care. Merry Winter csa