Tuesday, September 18, 2007

You Know You're Burned Out
















when you are asked to plan a reception for Gloria Steinem and you have absolutely no interest in doing so, and find it just an enormous pain. At 73 she's going strong, and has just published a new book, "Doing Sixty & Seventy," on aging.

Cried almost all day long. Went out to Guilford to meet the Man With A Van to move the rest of my stuff out of M's, got there early, and walked into my mandala garden and lost it. Kip came over mewing and I picked him up and held him, and felt sorry for myself. Went in the house, found M, and cried some more. Got the stuff moved to the new house, listened to two voice mails which upset me, and cried some more. Went to Best Video and had a mocha latte and tried not to cry. Went to the acupuncturist and was able to relax some. Came home and M & S came over with dinner for me, and we looked at the Bindi book from Shutterfly which arrived today, and turned out beautifully.

There is no unalloyed joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're so burned out and down. I wish there was something I could do, bring you dinner or something ... :-(

I love you!

John Pluecker said...

I really like that line:

There is no unalloyed joy.

Wonderful creation.

I had to look up "unalloyed."

un·al·loyed adj.
1. Not in mixture with other metals; pure.
2. Complete; unqualified: unalloyed blessings; unalloyed relief.