Wednesday, August 29, 2007

T Minus Two Days

















I don't even know what that means. Or if it's the right wording for two days left till I move. I'm pretty much packed, and I met the landowners and picked up the keys today. Bindi and I went over for a look, and I think the place will work out fine. There are a few minor things that need tending to, but nothing major so far. I hate the carpeting but guess I will cover it with rugs of some sort. Met the woman who lives next door; she is the mother of one of the landowners. Her other son lives in the house behind me. The house was built in the 1940s, and oddly, but to my pleasure, has a bright red door. The landowners have given me permission to plant perennials around the house, so I am looking foward to that as the landscaping is sparse.
Photo is a wavy day at American Beach near Maria di Pisa in Italy. No one was supposed to go into the water as the riptide was very strong, but you can see how well that worked. There is a U.S. military base nearby, hence the name of the beach.

Taking some plants to the new house tomorrow, to make it feel more like mine.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's great that you're already nearly all packed up! I've always been scrambling at the last minute, and that's a horrible feeling. I'm glad the new place will work out for you and that you can plant some plants. Our house is about that old, built in 40/41