Wednesday, April 08, 2009


Ok, Monday's the day. The past two weeks has been a blur or doctor's appointments, anxiety, trying to think about what I need, blah blah blah. Has dinner with M & S this evening; they had gone on a trip to see the wild horses of Chincoteague, Virginia, and we had our usual ecclectic range of conversating topics. Conversating? Is that a Bush-ism?

Saw my naturopath this morning, who picked up that the reason I might be so cold after last year's cancer/radiation experience is that my thyroid may have been compromised by the radiation treatments. Duh. None of my other "doctors" suggested that. So she suggested that after I'm done with the knee thing, I have my TSH levels checked out again.

Spent a long time on the phone with my insurance company today who conveniently keeps "not receiving" the naturopath bills for reimbursement. This has happened three times now. I am diligently keeping copies of what I submit, when before I hadn't, and I can resubmit them, but they want to make it as hard on me as possible. It's a clear case of them trying to screw me, since my being covered by a naturopath was an exception made to the coverage I have thru Jale.

Picked up Misty from the vet yesterday. She had a dental cleaning and two back teeth removed. So now she's on two medications, one for pain, one an antibiotic, and Camilla is still on her two pills every day, and I'm on thirty zillion myself. I so badly need a personal assistant to keep on top of all of this. Not to mention the Frontline they all need for fleas/ticks, and the once a month heartworm pill Bindi has to take. I don't even reconcile my own checkbook. Help!!

I did make it to the gym to do the weight circuits and about twenty minutes on the stationery bike, and some stretching.

Monday a.m. I had a CT scan and a mammogram, cause the cancer radiologist thought she saw something on the last PET scan I had. That all went smoothly, but after I left and went to get coffee, I get a message on my cell phone saying I am scheduled for a biopsy and ultrasound on Wednesday!? WHAT?!?! What biopsy? For what? I had to call back three times to get a human being on the phone, and I freaked out on them. Long story short, they called me IN ERROR!!!! They meant to call someone else. You do not do such a thing to someone who has PTSD. I went to the optometrist in tears to pick up my glasses; fortunately, I've been going to him forever and he was great.

Finally talked to the cancer doc yesterday who said that the CT scan showed nothing to worry about, and that I would have heard already if something was up with the mammogram. Still haven't heard back from the surgeon's office about the anesthesia and pain meds they used on me for the surgery last March. Getting information is never just a one call deal. It's call, call, and call again. Help!

Sunday morning I had coffee with a friend from NYC, so good to see him and hear about his teaching adventures in middle school. Then I went to the community garden, and since it was a sunny, warm day, all the gardeners were out, and I ended up staying quite a long time. I planted carrots, beets, calendula, and lettuce, and K. came to get some perennials I'm dividing to transplant to her house garden. We then went out for bad pizza, at a place that used to have good pizza.

Friday I had a dentist appointment in the morning, then had to go to the surgery center to have my blood drawn so it could be typed. Was supposed to see a concert that night, but the woman performing had plane connection problems, and we didn't know if she was gonna show up or not, so I got my money refunded.

Thursday, I had an appt. with the surgeon's assistant who gave me the rundown of what to expect. My surgery will probably be first thing in the morning next Monday. The good news is as soon as I show up they sedate me. Woo hoo.

Photos are of Muscovey mama duck and her fifteen chicks in Scott's back yard pond. Really cute.

No comments: